Search
Windies fielder takes a boundary beautyWindies fielder takes a boundary beauty Bumbling cricketers blow wicket chanceBumbling cricketers blow wicket chance Keeper pulls off amazing double saveKeeper pulls off amazing double save
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..In his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsUFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsWhen former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Anderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? Busted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. Watch: UFC 184 embedded series and extended previewWatch: UFC 184 embedded series and extended previewThe MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Ronda Rousey sizzles as MMA's first SI swimsuit modelRonda Rousey sizzles as MMA's first SI swimsuit modelBoth Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.
Mrs Onassis to get spring back on track
Caryl Williamson
13:00 AEST Tue Sep 3 2013

The stop-start campaign of Mrs Onassis is back on again with the mare to run in Saturday's Group Three Concorde Stakes as part of an abbreviated spring program.

Hay List heads the 11 entries for the 1000m dash at Randwick which also feature Group One performer Decision Time and three-year-olds I'm All The Talk, Kuroshio and Whittington.

Mrs Onassis, winner of the Group One Oakleigh Plate in February, returned to Caulfield in July for the Sir John Monash Stakes but a dead track put paid to her chances.

More wet tracks in Sydney have thwarted trainer Gerald Ryan's plans to keep her up and running for the early features and weather permitting, she will have two starts this spring and hopefully come back to the stable for an autumn campaign.

"At this stage she will run in the Concorde and then the Shorts," Ryan said.

"Beyond that I don't know. There is still time for Gerry (owner Gerry Harvey) to decide if he wants her to go to stud but I'm hoping she will come back for the autumn.

"She won a barrier trial last wek and has worked very well since."

In-form jockey Jay Ford will ride the six-year-old mare after claiming a double for David Vandyke at Rosehill on Saturday.

Ford rode Mrs Onassis early in her career, winning two restricted races on the mare.

The Gary Portelli-trained I'm All The Talk also had his season debut rescheduled after he was found to have an elevated white cell count following a barrier trial win last month.

Portelli is not convinced the colt runs a strong 1200m, limiting his options this spring and forcing him to run against the older horses on Saturday.