Bernard Tomic believes his run at Wimbledon shows he should be a top 10 player.
And, having rediscovered his confidence, the 20-year-old plans to spend the coming months working hard to improve his ranking, as well his image.
World No.59 Tomic pushed seventh-seeded Czech Tomas Berdych to the limit before bowing out of the grass-court grand slam with a gruelling four-set loss in the fourth round on Monday.
Tomic's run to the last 16 also featured wins over seeded players Richard Gasquet (ninth) and Sam Querrey (21st), reinforcing his status as one of the world's most promising youngsters.
After a tumultuous few months, which featured his father and coach John being charged with assault, Tomic's performance put the spotlight back on his tennis.
It also reaffirmed to Tomic he's good enough to mix it with the best as he turns towards the US hard-court season.
"I think my tennis is different. Obviously when I'm playing well it's inside for sure the top 10 to 15," Tomic said after a 7-6 (7-4) 6-7 (5-7) 6-4 6-4 loss to Berdych.
"I can beat anyone when I'm playing well, that's for sure.
"I've got to stay consistent and work hard.
"I have had my ups and downs the past few months and now I have the next six months where I can really improve."
Tomic boldly declared at the start of the year his aim was to crack the top 10 by season's end.
While a run of injuries, poor form and family drama have likely put paid to that, he's at least moving back in the right direction after reaching the second week at the All England Club.
Tomic will likely move back into the low 40s, around the rankings mark he held after winning his maiden ATP title in Sydney in January.
He plans to take a short break before taking to the American hard-courts and believes he can get inside the top 32 to secure a seeding at the US Open in August.
But Tomic indicated he wouldn't be looking to bring in a new coach despite his father's ATP ban being extended until May next year.
John Tomic had his tour credentials suspended after being charged with assaulting his son's former training partner Thomas Drouet.
He will appear in a Madrid court in October.
The coach was also banned from attending Wimbledon as a spectator and despite Bernard admitted the arrangement had been tough to handle, he's not looking to make any changes.
"It's OK. My dad was still working with me the past few weeks coaching me and helping me," he said.
"I've got a good team of people around me doing great.
"I enjoy working with these people.
"I'm going to keep this up, and hopefully the next six months can be huge for me."
Tomic's handling of the situation, and his outspoken ways, mean he continues to polarise opinion among the public.
He says he's sometimes misunderstood and believes the best way to improve his image is with success on the court.
"It's something I'm working on and hopefully down the years to come I can be in the top in tennis in the world and potentially win grand slams," he said.
"The image is very important to have and I'm working on it as much as I can."
Tomic's defeat ended Australian involvement in the singles at Wimbledon.