Search
Windies fielder takes a boundary beautyWindies fielder takes a boundary beauty Bumbling cricketers blow wicket chanceBumbling cricketers blow wicket chance Keeper pulls off amazing double saveKeeper pulls off amazing double save
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..In his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsUFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsWhen former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Anderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? Busted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. Watch: UFC 184 embedded series and extended previewWatch: UFC 184 embedded series and extended previewThe MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Ronda Rousey sizzles as MMA's first SI swimsuit modelRonda Rousey sizzles as MMA's first SI swimsuit modelBoth Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.
Webber won't leave Red Bull says Horner
06:55 AEST Fri Mar 29 2013

Mark Webber will not walk away from Red Bull despite his controversial clash with team-mate Sebastian Vettel at the Malaysian Grand Prix, according to team principal Christian Horner.

Defending champion Vettel deliberately disobeyed team orders by overtaking Webber in the closing stages of Sunday's race, before driving to victory and leaving the Australian fuming.

Webber, 36, admitted that he had thought about "many things" over the race's closing stages, but Horner has dismissed speculation that he might be tempted to leave the team.

"It was the intent of the team that Mark win that race," Horner said. "We didn't suddenly give Sebastian instruction and say: 'Go and pass your team-mate.'

"He (Webber) is big enough to know there was no malice or intent from the team to create any situation like that.

"He is in a car capable of winning grands prix, and hopefully going for a championship, so I've no doubt Mark will see out the season with us."

Horner's claims came as F1 legend Jackie Stewart said Vettel's action had cast a cloud over his career.

"I think it blemished his reputation," three-time F1 champion Stewart said.

"It was an unfortunate error of judgment by Sebastian and it will linger for some time. There will be an awareness from now on that he may not be as stable as we originally thought."

Horner also revealed that Vettel visited the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes, central England earlier this week to apologise for his conduct.

"He's accepted what he did was wrong, but that he can't turn back the clock," Horner told Sky Sports News.

"He has apologised to the team, apologised to every single member of staff for his actions, because he recognises the team is vitally important, and being part of a team is a crucial aspect of being able to challenge for those championships."

Meanwhile, Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko claims that Vettel and Webber have made peace.

"They don't have to be completely on the same page, but it must be a solid working partnership," he said.

"Sebastian apologised in the press conference and I think that was the first correct step to make.

"There was a debrief afterwards with the relevant discussions about the race and then there was a handshake between the two drivers. For us now the issue is settled."

Returning to the incident, Marko says Red Bull lost control of the situation when Vettel deliberately ignored his team's instructions after his final pit stop.

"We told Sebastian to hold his position because we didn't know what the tyre situation was and both drivers needed to bring home a good finish for the team," added Marko.

"But then came the attack against that strategy and it got out of control. You couldn't control it over radio or anything like that. Sebastian the racer came out and took the lead."