Search
Windies fielder takes a boundary beautyWindies fielder takes a boundary beauty Bumbling cricketers blow wicket chanceBumbling cricketers blow wicket chance Keeper pulls off amazing double saveKeeper pulls off amazing double save
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
Live stream: UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano weigh insLive stream: UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano weigh insIn his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. 51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..When former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsUFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsAnderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Busted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? The MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Watch: UFC 184 embedded series and extended previewWatch: UFC 184 embedded series and extended previewBoth Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.
Alex Ferguson requests FA hearing
21:53 AEST Sat Feb 2 2013

Alex Ferguson has requested a Football Association hearing after denying a misconduct charge over his controversial criticism of a linesman following Manchester United's recent draw at Tottenham.

United manager Ferguson was hit with the FA charge after slamming assistant referee Simon Beck in the immediate aftermath of the 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane last month.

Ferguson was angry United weren't given a penalty for a foul on Wayne Rooney midway through the second half and Tottenham went on to snatch a late equaliser.

"It was a clear decision. And he (Beck) was 10, maybe 12 yards away from the incident and he doesn't give it. And yet he gave everything else," Ferguson said at the time.

Ferguson claimed United had "history" with Beck following the official's failure to rule out a Didier Drogba goal for offside at Old Trafford in 2010, in a match that proved pivotal in that season's title race.

"There was no way we were going to get a decision from (Beck)," Ferguson said.

But the Scot denies he was guilty of misconduct and the FA will now decide a date for the hearing into the incident in due course.

"Sir Alex Ferguson has denied an FA charge of misconduct in relation to post-match media comments made following Manchester United's game at Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday 20 January 2013," the FA said in a statement on Friday.

"It is alleged the Manchester United manager breached FA Rule E3 in that he implied that the match official was motivated by bias.

"Ferguson has requested a paper hearing, the date of which will be set in due course."