Search
Stolen NASCAR recovered in GeorgiaStolen NASCAR recovered in Georgia NBA dancer sinks no-look half-court shotNBA dancer sinks no-look half-court shot Maxwell’s choking taunt backfires in NZMaxwell’s choking taunt backfires in NZ
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
Remarkable Ronda: UFC fighters react to Rousey's perfect victoryRemarkable Ronda: UFC fighters react to Rousey's perfect victoryIn his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. Rousey the incredible: UFC champ defends title with 14 second  submission victoryRousey the incredible: UFC champ defends title with 14 second submission victoryWhen former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. A new Holm: 18 X boxing world champ successful in UFC debutA new Holm: 18 X boxing world champ successful in UFC debutAnderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. Foaming at the mouth: Ellenberger submits Koscheck at UFC 184Foaming at the mouth: Ellenberger submits Koscheck at UFC 184Busted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. Aussie down: savage elbow drops Walsh at UFC 184Aussie down: savage elbow drops Walsh at UFC 184The MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Brock Lesnar turns up to UFC 184, breaks the internetBrock Lesnar turns up to UFC 184, breaks the internetBoth Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.
Buderus to miss NRL season start
20:21 AEST Wed Jan 30 2013

Newcastle hooker Danny Buderus will miss the opening rounds of the 2013 NRL season after undergoing back surgery.

The former Australia and NSW No.9 went under the knife on Wednesday after battling the problem during pre-season training.

Buderus will commence rehabilitation at the end of February and a club statement said he won't be fit for Newcastle's first few NRL games.

"Danny has had a great pre-season so it is obviously disappointing for him to have surgery now," Knights Performance Director Jeremy Hickmans said.

"With the surgery done, he will rest for the next four weeks and then be in rehab for about four weeks.

"While it means we will be without Danny for the early rounds, we all look forward to getting him back fresh to take on the rest of the season."

The 34-year-old Buderus missed out on a probable Blues Origin spot last year due to an achilles injury but still managed to play 22 games for his beloved Knights last season.

The injury has curtailed the 2001 premiership winner's preparation for what is his 14th and perhaps final season with the Knights.

Newcastle begin their NRL campaign against Wests Tigers at Hunter Stadium on March 11.