More Sites
Cricket ODI AUS v RSA AFL Ladder Scores & Stats US Open Scores & Stats
Search
All Blacks snubbed in World Cup ad starring GoT actorAll Blacks snubbed in World Cup ad starring GoT actor Fan fined after 'bending it like Beckham'Fan fined after 'bending it like Beckham' Football pundit too busy to take his cueFootball pundit too busy to take his cue
advertisement
Most popular articles
Win $5000Grab Shapes for the ultimate footy-fan prize
Wide World of Sports TV partners
Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.
Port disappointed over Jurrah incident
15:14 AEST Thu Jan 17 2013

AFL club Port Adelaide have expressed their disappointment over ex-Melbourne forward Liam Jurrah's alleged drink-driving incident.

Port chose not to draft Jurrah for 2013 after giving the 24-year-old Northern Territory product a chance to make his way back into the AFL via their SANFL club the Port Adelaide Magpies.

Jurrah, who has played 36 AFL games, failed to show up for training with the Magpies this summer.

Without confirming Jurrah's identity, police said patrols stopped a 24-year-old man on Monday night in Adelaide and he returned a breath test of 0.269.

His driver's licence was disqualified for 12 months and he will be summonsed to appear in the Holden Hill Magistrates Court at a date to be decided.

The incident comes after Jurrah was charged with assault over an alleged machete attack in the NT in March last year and after he quit the Demons at the end of the AFL season.

He is due to face court in Alice Springs on the assault charge in March.

"After making the decision not to select Liam in last month's pre-season and rookie drafts, the club has been working with the AFL to attempt to provide a pathway for Liam to return to the AFL system," Port said in a statement on Thursday.

"During this period, the club has been waiting on a commitment from Liam in relation to training and playing with Port Adelaide (Magpies) in the SANFL and working in the club's community department.

"The club is disappointed with Liam's alleged driving offence but before making a decision on his future the club needs time to assess all the information regarding Liam's situation."


You need the latest version of Flash Player.
Enjoy the most vivid content on the web
Watch video without extra features
Interact with applications on your favourite sites
Upgrade now