Troubled former Melbourne AFL star Liam Jurrah has been picked up for drink-driving in Adelaide.
The Port Adelaide Football Club, helping to guide Jurrah's AFL return, said they were aware of the charges against the 24-year-old but were still in the process of assessing the facts.
Club spokesman Daniel Norton said no decisions had been made on his playing future at Port Adelaide.
"We've got to make sure that we get all the facts right before we make a decision on that," he said.
"We haven't reached any conclusion yet."
Without confirming Jurrah's identity, police said patrols stopped a 24-year-old man at about 8.20pm (CDT) on Monday at suburban Para Hills.
He was detained after he appeared affected by alcohol and then returned a breath test of 0.269.
Police said the man was reported for driving under the influence of alcohol, exceeding the prescribed level of alcohol and breaching a probationary licence.
His driver's licence was disqualified for 12 months and he will be summonsed to appear in the Holden Hill Magistrates Court at a date to be decided.
The incident comes after Jurrah was charged with assault over an alleged machete attack in the Northern Territory in March last year and after he quit the Melbourne Demons at the end of the AFL season.
He is due to face court in Alice Springs on the assault charge in March.
Port Adelaide invited Jurrah to train with the team late last year but opted against picking up the talented forward in December's pre-season and rookie draft.
The club cited injury-related fitness concerns and also his off-field troubles.
Port Adelaide did offer him a spot playing with the Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL with a promise they would help with his court issues and consider recruiting him for 2014.
Norton said pre-season training for the SANFL side resumed on Monday but Jurrah failed to attend despite being expected to do so.