Search
Everyone fooled by Lacrosse trick playEveryone fooled by Lacrosse trick play Rams’ trick NFL punt return playRams’ trick NFL punt return play Kobe blames rape trial for wife’s miscarriageKobe blames rape trial for wife’s miscarriage
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
Aussie return: Kyle Noke books next fight at UFC AdelaideAussie return: Kyle Noke books next fight at UFC AdelaideIn his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. UFC's Rousey scores the only free ticket to Mayweather vs. PacquiaoUFC's Rousey scores the only free ticket to Mayweather vs. PacquiaoWhen former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. UFC queen Ronda Rousey lands starring role in action film 'Mile 22' UFC queen Ronda Rousey lands starring role in action film 'Mile 22' Anderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. Bellator files court injunction to nix 'Rampage' Jackson's UFC return Bellator files court injunction to nix 'Rampage' Jackson's UFC return Busted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. Sprint fighter: Rousey pockets $12k per second for UFC 184 winSprint fighter: Rousey pockets $12k per second for UFC 184 winThe MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. On-air battle: UFC's Tom Wight goes head-to-head with fired-up radio host On-air battle: UFC's Tom Wight goes head-to-head with fired-up radio host Both Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.
Tipsarevic third to quit Kooyong Classic
Robert Grant
19:32 AEST Wed Jan 9 2013

World No.9 Janko Tipsarevic became the third player in 24 hours to pull out of the eight-man Kooyong Classic exhibition event with injury clouding their Australian Open ambitions on Wednesday.

Just three days after winning the Chennai Open in India - and five days out from the Open - Serbian Tipsarevic quit the lead-in event on the opening day complaining of a wrist injury.

Tipsarevic was trailing Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 1-6 0-1 in his first match when he said he was unable to continue.

He said he was playing with the aid of painkillers when he scored his victory over Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut in the Chennai Open final on Sunday.

The Kooyong tournament was battered by the withdrawal of star players as it got underway.

Japan's Kei Nishikori, ranked 18 in the world, pulled out when unable to shake off the knee injury which forced him to forfeit his Brisbane International semi-final spot last week.

He said he only began hitting again on Tuesday and quickly realised he would not be able to play at Kooyong.

The Japan Open winner was undergoing intensive treatment in a bid to be fit to play next week's Open and was replaced in the Kooyong Classic field by Croatia's world No.74 Ivan Dodig.

Juan Monaco, the Argentinian world No.12, was the first player to pull out.

Monaco told tournament director Colin Stubs on Tuesday that he would not be able to line up due to a hand injury.

He was uncertain how serious the problem was but doctors had advised him not to play in the next few days.

Monaco's spot in the eight-man field was taken by world No.58 Paul-Henri Mathieu of France who lost his first match to Juan Martin del Potro.

Tipsarevic was replaced in the field by Italian world No.80 Simone Bolelli, who will play his first match on Thursday against Mathieu.