Search
Windies fielder takes a boundary beautyWindies fielder takes a boundary beauty Bumbling cricketers blow wicket chanceBumbling cricketers blow wicket chance Keeper pulls off amazing double saveKeeper pulls off amazing double save
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
Live stream: UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano weigh insLive stream: UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano weigh insIn his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. 51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..When former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsUFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsAnderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Busted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? The MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Watch: UFC 184 embedded series and extended previewWatch: UFC 184 embedded series and extended previewBoth Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.
Leilua handed four-match NRL ban
18:33 AEST Fri Dec 21 2012

Axed Sydney Roosters centre BJ Leilua will have to sit out the first four matches of next year's NRL season regardless of which club he signs for.

The ARLC has announced it will impose a conditional registration on any contract submitted for Leilua that he cannot play until after round four.

The ban is in response to Leilua being found to have sent a naked photo of his ex-girlfriend to her brother and best friend and being placed on a one-year good behaviour bond with no conviction recorded.

Leilua was cleared of assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

The 21-year-old was on Tuesday released from the final two years of his Roosters contract and is now expected to sign with the Newcastle Knights once the ARLC officially announces an increase to the 2013 salary cap.

The NRL say they had been in the process of conducting a review of penalties and procedures imposed by the Roosters when he was terminated by the club.

"The matter proven in court is one that nobody can or should support," said NRL Interim Chief Executive, Shane Mattiske.

"Respectful relationships and the dangers of misusing social media are key elements of our education programs and BJ has been a part of those programs.

"The timing of the October court case was such that we gave the Roosters considerable opportunity to look at all aspects and report to the NRL.

"No matter if the player had stayed at the Roosters or gone to another club, we believe the original act, now proven in court, warrants the player being stood out of the game for some period.

"We will also seek assurances that any future club ensures that BJ participates in education programs to assist in learning from this experience."