Search
Stolen NASCAR recovered in GeorgiaStolen NASCAR recovered in Georgia NBA dancer sinks no-look half-court shotNBA dancer sinks no-look half-court shot Maxwell’s choking taunt backfires in NZMaxwell’s choking taunt backfires in NZ
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
Remarkable Ronda: UFC fighters react to Rousey's perfect victoryRemarkable Ronda: UFC fighters react to Rousey's perfect victoryIn his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. 'Cyborg' vs. Rousey next? Dana White's coy response'Cyborg' vs. Rousey next? Dana White's coy responseWhen former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. Ladies night: When four women took over the most physical sport in the world Ladies night: When four women took over the most physical sport in the world Anderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. Rousey the incredible: UFC champ defends title with 14 second  submission victoryRousey the incredible: UFC champ defends title with 14 second submission victoryBusted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. A new Holm: 18 X boxing world champ successful in UFC debutA new Holm: 18 X boxing world champ successful in UFC debutThe MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Foaming at the mouth: Ellenberger submits Koscheck at UFC 184Foaming at the mouth: Ellenberger submits Koscheck at UFC 184Both Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.
Nikolic assault hearing adjourned
17:37 AEST Thu Dec 13 2012

Embattled jockey Danny Nikolic will have to wait until May to face a hearing on assault charges.

A two-day committal hearing due to start in the Melbourne Magistrates Court was adjourned on Wednesday because of a problem with "witness availability".

It was the jockey's second hearing this week.

Nikolic is accused of assaulting another jockey, Mark Pegus, Pegus's girlfriend, Rikki-Lee Hull, and a police officer in three separate incidents last year.

Prosecutor Senior Constable Nathan Sinclair said the case was ready to go but had been delayed until May because of witness availability.

Magistrate Ian McGrane adjourned the case until May 30 but asked Mr Sandy Robertson, for Nikolic, to ensure there would be no further delays.

Nikolic faces a total of six charges including using a telecommunication device to menace a person at Caulfield on January 17 last year.

He was charged with one count of recklessly causing injury, one count of assault and two counts of intentionally causing injury to Mr Pegus at the Caulfield racetrack stables on January 18 last year.

He was also charged with assaulting Ms Hull at the Barkly Hotel on March 7 last year and assaulting police officer Julio Salerno when being questioned at St Kilda police station on April 6.

Nikolic appeared in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal on Tuesday in a bid to overturn a two-year ban from racing.

After closing arguments that case was adjourned when judge Michael McNamara reserved his decision.

Nikolic had been disqualified over charges that he threatened Racing Victoria chief steward Terry Bailey during a race meeting at Seymour in September.