Search
Stolen NASCAR recovered in GeorgiaStolen NASCAR recovered in Georgia NBA dancer sinks no-look half-court shotNBA dancer sinks no-look half-court shot Maxwell’s choking taunt backfires in NZMaxwell’s choking taunt backfires in NZ
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
Remarkable Ronda: UFC fighters react to Rousey's perfect victoryRemarkable Ronda: UFC fighters react to Rousey's perfect victoryIn his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. Rousey the incredible: UFC champ defends title with 14 second  submission victoryRousey the incredible: UFC champ defends title with 14 second submission victoryWhen former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. A new Holm: 18 X boxing world champ successful in UFC debutA new Holm: 18 X boxing world champ successful in UFC debutAnderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. Foaming at the mouth: Ellenberger submits Koscheck at UFC 184Foaming at the mouth: Ellenberger submits Koscheck at UFC 184Busted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. Aussie down: savage elbow drops Walsh at UFC 184Aussie down: savage elbow drops Walsh at UFC 184The MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Brock Lesnar turns up to UFC 184, breaks the internetBrock Lesnar turns up to UFC 184, breaks the internetBoth Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.
Navratilova, Hingis to play Adelaide event
13:06 AEST Sun Nov 25 2012

Former world No.1s Martina Navratilova and Martina Hingis will become the first women to feature at Adelaide's World Tennis Challenge exhibition event in January.

The WTC has previously had an all men's draw with four players on the ATP circuit teaming up with four legends of the game, playing in teams in a combination of singles and doubles matches across two courts.

Announcing the participation of retired greats Navratilova and Hingis, WTC co-tournament director Mark Woodforde said it was time for the format to change.

"Showcasing the greatest tennis legends at Memorial Drive has always been an aim of the World Tennis Challenge and with the event's popularity growing, it was the perfect time to introduce female legends as we celebrate our fifth year in 2013," Woodforde said.

Navratilova, a 18-time grand slam winner, was honoured to be among the tournament's first female participants.

"It's such a unique concept - I'm really looking forward to it," said Navratilova.

The introduction of women means the format will change to ensure spectators have a chance to watch Navratilova and Hingis play on court each night.