More Sites
NRL Rnd 25 Cowboys v Sharks AFL Ladder Scores & Stats Cricket ODI ZIM v AUS US Open Scores & Stats
Search
Fan fined after 'bending it like Beckham'Fan fined after 'bending it like Beckham' Football pundit too busy to take his cueFootball pundit too busy to take his cue Isaac Luke's dangerous contact chargeIsaac Luke's dangerous contact charge
advertisement
Most popular articles
Win $5000Grab Shapes for the ultimate footy-fan prize
Wide World of Sports TV partners
AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.
RL player gets six-game racism ban
06:18 AEST Fri Nov 16 2012

Britain's Rugby Football League have banned a player for six matches for racially abusing an opponent.

Tom Morgan, of the third-tier South Wales Scorpions, was found guilty by an RFL tribunal following an incident during a Championship One game against London Skolars last season.

"Morgan, who failed to respond to contact from the RFL, was found guilty in his absence of using offensive or obscene language based on race or ethnic origin against London Skolars player Lamont Bryan," the national governing body said in a statement on Thursday.

Morgan has not played for the Scorpions since a game against Doncaster on July 1.

The RFL's statement comes at a time of heightened sensitivity towards issues of racism within British sport.

John Terry, captain of European football champions Chelsea, recently served a four-game domestic ban for racially abusing Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand during a Premier League match last year.

And Chelsea themselves complained to the Football Association that referee Mark Clattenburg used a term understood to have been interpreted as racist towards Nigeria's John Obi Mikel during the 3-2 Premier League defeat by Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on October 28.

Police said on Wednesday they were dropping their inquiries into the incident but the FA are continuing their own probe.


You need the latest version of Flash Player.
Enjoy the most vivid content on the web
Watch video without extra features
Interact with applications on your favourite sites
Upgrade now