Tanking allegations and a player clearout are not having a negative impact on Melbourne going into pre-season training, says star forward Mitch Clark.
The AFL is re-investigating the Demons over allegations they deliberately lost matches in 2009 to be better placed in that season's draft.
But Clark says the players, who returned to pre-season training this week with several new faces and a swag of old ones shipped out, were not focusing on the off-field drama.
"No change at all (in the players' mood). We're here for the pre-season and that stuff will take care of itself," Clark said.
"I obviously wasn't here when all this stuff allegedly happened, so I'm just looking forward to helping this club getting back up the ladder.
"It doesn't affect the playing group too much. We're just here to play footy."
Clark is excited about being joined in the Dees' forward line by ex-Collingwood pick-up Chris Dawes, providing two tall options for the side in 2013.
Clark said he was silently cheering for Dawes to be recruited during trade period, knowing that he had been part of a successful tall forward tandem at Collingwood with Travis Cloke.
"He's played in a successful team, played in grand finals, and I'm looking forward to picking his brain," Clark said.
"I know that he works very hard and that'll add to the group."
Fourteen players from last season have gone, with Dawes, Geelong premiership player Shannon Byrnes and former Richmond and Port Adelaide dynamo David Rodan heading the replacements.
Clark, who was sidelined halfway through his first season with Melbourne with a serious foot injury, says he's making good progress.
Bedridden for six weeks as he recovered from surgery, Clark believes he can be back playing by the NAB Cup pre-season tournament.
"It's progressing well, so hopefully I might have my first run on Monday on the treadmill," Clark said.
"I'm on track, and the good thing is we've got time. I'll try not to rush it and stay patient.
"At the moment it's pretty much fully healed."