Search
The home of Baggygreen.com.au
Kiwis edge out AussiesKiwis edge out Aussies Liberatore injury sours Dogs winLiberatore injury sours Dogs win Jets and Mariners share pointsJets and Mariners share points
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - live results and blogUFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - live results and blogIn his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. MMA Super Saturday results: 'Cyborg' destroys Tweet, McGeary wins titleMMA Super Saturday results: 'Cyborg' destroys Tweet, McGeary wins titleWhen former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. Rousey vs. Zingano title fight official following UFC 184 weigh insRousey vs. Zingano title fight official following UFC 184 weigh insAnderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. 51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..Busted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsUFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsThe MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Both Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.
Pietersen vows England career not over
07:58 AEST Mon Aug 13 2012

Kevin Pietersen insists his England career is not over despite the controversial batsman being dropped for his country's crucial third Test against South Africa at Lord's.

Pietersen was axed on Sunday after a dramatic week that started with allegations he sent text messages to South African players containing derogatory comments about English captain Andrew Strauss and coach Andy Flower.

The 32-year-old, who had just scored a superb century in the drawn second Test against South Africa at Headingley, followed that bombshell by claiming he was ready to walk away from the sport due to what he perceived as problems in the England squad that he said "made it hard being me".

And then, with speculation increasing that he would be dropped when the third Test squad was named on Sunday, the saga took a bizarre twist when Pietersen posted a video on YouTube on Saturday in which he claimed he was now ready to play in all forms of international cricket having previously opted out of limited overs action.

That seems to have been a misguided attempt to curry favour with the public when his fate was already sealed because just 24 hours later the England selectors confirmed that Pietersen had been left out of the must-win Lord's clash.

But, with his international career seemingly in tatters, Pietersen released a statement later on Sunday that made it clear he would continue to make himself available for selection.

"I am hugely disappointed that the ECB have decided not to select me. To say I am gutted is an understatement," Pietersen said.

"This entire episode has been demoralising for me and my family. However, none of this constitutes the end of my career as an international cricketer.

"The video I released was my way to bring closure to the issues I had at that time.

"I had an emotional time at Headingley but I stand by every word I said in the video."

It has emerged that Pietersen was perturbed by a parody Twitter account and the possibility that his team-mates might somehow be associated with the tone, sending up his personality and behaviour.

The account was eventually closed down, with Pietersen adding: "The fact is I love England, and I love cricket.

"I wish the team, and Straussy in particular, every success next week."