POSSIBLE AUSTRALIAN FLAG-BEARERS FOR THE LONDON OLYMPICS:
- Andrew Hoy (equestrian): will be first Australian to compete at seven Olympics, has won three gold medals and one silver.
- Stuart O'Grady (cycling): competing at sixth Olympics, has won one gold, one silver and two bronze medals.
- Michael Diamond (shooting): competing at sixth Olympics, has won two gold medals.
- Russell Mark (shooting): competing at sixth Olympics, has won one gold and one silver medal.
- Natalie Cook (beach volleyball): first Australian female to compete in five summer Games, has won one gold and one bronze medal.
- Leisel Jones (swimming): first Australian female swimmer to compete at four Olympics, has won three gold, four silver and one bronze medal.
- Cadel Evans (cycling): first Australian to win the Tour de France, is going for back-to-back titles this year.
- Sally Pearson (athletics): named IAAF female athlete of the year in 2011, current 100m hurdle world champion, has won a Games silver medal.