Search
Windies fielder takes a boundary beautyWindies fielder takes a boundary beauty Bumbling cricketers blow wicket chanceBumbling cricketers blow wicket chance Keeper pulls off amazing double saveKeeper pulls off amazing double save
advertisement
Most popular articles
$10,000 up for grabsSign-up for NRL, AFL
and Rugby tipping
MMA double header: Invicta FC 11 and Bellator - British Invasion live blogMMA double header: Invicta FC 11 and Bellator - British Invasion live blogIn his first official statement since testing positive to steroids yesterday, UFC superstar Anderson Silva plans to fight the 'allegations' against him. Live stream: UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano weigh insLive stream: UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano weigh insWhen former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids today, his entire legacy as a prize fighter was called into question. 51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..51 year old Shamrock books clash with YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. No, seriously..Anderson Silva's doctor has said that the former UFC champion denies taking performance enhancing drugs, and wants to be tested again. UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsUFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano - preview and staff predictionsBusted for PEDS today, you won't believe what former UFC champ Anderson Silva told Jon Jones (who recently tested positive to cocaine) at UFC 183. Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 Aussie Richy Walsh intent on 'damaging' former male-model Jouban at UFC 184 The MMA world is in shock after UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both tested positive to banned substances. Fighter reactions here. Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? Is UFC champion Ronda Rousey MMA's Mike Tyson? Both Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz have failed drug tests following UFC 184. Silva tested positive for an anabolic steroid, while Diaz tested for marijuana.
Wide World of Sports TV partners
Wide World of SportsCatch up with Ken Sutcliffe and the team on Wide World of Sports.AFL Footy ShowAustralia's favourite team takes you through the week in AFL.Footy ClassifiedOur award winning panel tell it how it really is in the AFL world.NRL Footy ShowFatty and the gang bring you an entertaining look at rugby league.
Milicic yet to sign: New A-League club
By Angela Habashy
19:26 AEST Tue May 22 2012

Melbourne Heart may have put Ante Milicic's role at the new west Sydney team in writing on Tuesday but Lyall Gorman, executive chairman of the A-League's newest franchise, insists the man himself is yet to do so.

The Heart on Tuesday released a statement announcing that Milicic, who had been overlooked for the head coaching role at the club in favour of the less-experienced John Aloisi, had accepted an assistant position under Tony Popovic at the new western Sydney outfit.

"While obviously disappointed to see Ante leave, we understand the significance of the opportunity which presented itself in helping establish a team in his home town," Heart CEO Scott Munn said.

But while an official announcement by the as-yet unnamed west Sydney club is expected in the coming days, Gorman says the Heart have jumped the gun.

"There has been no official announcement from us for one reason - and that's because he certainly hasn't signed an agreement with us at this stage," Gorman told AAP on Tuesday.

"You've seen plenty of speculation around that but I can assure you as we speak now he has not signed an agreement with us.

"He is a remarkable coach and I think he would be a perfect fit for this club but I can assure you that there is no agreement signed."

Speculation has also been rife about who will be the club's eagerly awaited first player signing and with the team's emphasis on incorporating local figures, Harry Kewell - arguably the region's biggest football export - has been thrown into the mix.

"Harry is very advanced in his discussions with Melbourne Victory and we've had no dialogue with him," Gorman said.

"We don't plan on getting into competition with Victory about his signing.

"We'll speak to any player who expresses an interest to become a part of the new west Sydney club ... and if Harry fell into that category we'd be naive not to have discussions with him."

Gorman revealed the new club had been "inundated with interest from players nationally and internationally" but fans should not expect any big names.

"We're certainly not building a club around one or two players, we're just as likely to announce an under-19 local player first as a 28-year-old experience player," Gorman said.

"We're not building our squad around a marquee player ... we won't be putting the spotlight on any one individual."

Meanwhile Newcastle on Tuesday announced a major cleanout of their board with four members - Neil Jameson, Keith Harris, Cheryl Salisbury and Joe Senkalski - moving on while Ray Baartz will retain his role as chairman.